...things seen and heard in and around Buffalo and Western New York

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Seen On the Side of the Road Dept.


I did a double-take when I passed this 1959 Panhard sitting in a side yard off Rt. 219 in Salamanca, N.Y. a while back. The first look was one of those "...what-the-heck-is-that?" looks, while the double-take was an "..I've-never-seen-one-of-these-in-real-life" looks.

The Panhard, if you're not familiar, was manufactured by the French carmaker Citroën, and even when new was rarer in this country than hen's teeth. This particular car looks like it's in the middle of a restoration, and it disappeared from the yard shortly after I snapped the photo. I don't imagine it will reappear, if ever, until winter passes. If it does I'll have to stop and chat with the owner and find out the story behind how it ended up in Salamanca.

No comments:

Post a Comment