...things seen and heard in and around Buffalo and Western New York

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Seen on the Side of the Road Dept


The first time I saw this sign tacked onto a telephone pole down in Java, N.Y., I didn't get a chance to read the whole thing. "MEET YOUR MAKER" was all I saw. Never having been down that road before, I was expecting a large drop-off just around the next bend. Or at the very least, a deranged farmer sitting out front of his homestead with a loaded shotgun picking off city slickers like myself. Instead I found yet another bend. And another. And still another. And so life goes on the roads of southern Erie County. Next time out I read the rest of the sign. Ha-ha. Passers-by these days are treated to an additional sign which lists the price for a gallon of said syrup. You thought gas was expensive? Just be glad your car doesn't run on maple syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment